España, la Alianza Olvidada, Independencia de los Estados Unidos / Spain The Forgotten
Alliance Independence of the United States is dedicated to the late D. Juan Alsina Torrente, Count of Albay, Economic Counsel to the Spanish Government, President of Empresa Nacional Bazán de Construcciones Navales Militares, internationally recognized naval engineer, expert in the field of Naval History, author of Una Guerra Romantica, España, Francia e Inglaterra en la mar 1778-1783, my friend and mentor.
Without his guidance, encouragement and expert advice this book would not be a reality.
Martha G. Steinkamp has been recognized for her contribution in the effort to spread awareness of Spain’s role in helping the United States to achieve its independence. She received special personal congratulations when the book was released in 2013 from the present Spanish monarchs.
A Smithsonian Fellow, Cuban-born of Spanish heritage, Ms. Gutiérrez-Steinkamp is a former Deputy Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts and Experts Commission for the Preservation of the White House, both by Presidential Appointments. Consultant USDOE, Advisor/Translator Museum of Florida History, Liaison OAS Civil Society.
Co-author of Florida legislative mandates “Hispanic Contributions to the United States”, “Women Contributions to the United States”, “Native American Contributions to the United States” and “African American Contributions to the United States” as consultant to Time Life–Gale Research co-writer for Hispanic Artists of the Twentieth Century; author of the children’s book The Little Rafter/El Balserito.
As Executive Director of three Florida museums developed Arts integrated curricula for school districts in Florida, New York and Texas. Developed bilingual international cultural exchange programs and accompanied the Secretary of State in cultural missions to South America.
She is a dual translator English-Spanish-English member of the American Translators Association. She is a frequent speaker in the United States, Mexico and Spain, presenting position papers at national and international conferences.
- Smithsonian Fellowship Museum Studies;
- Smithsonian “Award for Museum Leadership”;
- National Hispanic Heritage Foundation “Compadre Award”;
- Coca-Cola Chairman Appointment “Art of Harmony”;
- President Broward County Schools Multicultural Committee, WXEL Public Television CAB Appointment;
- Florida Council of Libraries & Technology Secretary of State Appointment;
- United States Senate Committee on Hispanic Affairs Chairman appointment;
- Vice-President NALAC(National Association of Latino Arts and Culture)
- President Morning Star School for Special Children, Catholic Archdiocese Bishop appointment;
- Strategic Planning Commission State of Florida Division of Cultural Affairs;
- Contributor Bernardo de Gálvez Documentary.